Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reading Profile

I have wondered over the years whether to call myself a book collector or an avid reader. My favorite thing to do is browse book stores, libraries and book sites to read the covers and reviews of various kinds of books. I have quite a large collection of books but I don't always get to reading those books. I however refuse to get rid of them, its comforting to know I have shelves full of titles that I can pick up at any time and get whisked away.

When I do get around to reading I want a book that takes me to another place emotionally. I want to feel an emotion that I'm not currently already having. If it makes me cry, laugh and get angry all in the same chapter then I know I have found a good one. I also like books that are shocking. I pride myself on trying to guess the plot early on and when I am very wrong, I know I have found a good book.

When I am just reading for pleasure, I want something that flows nicely and I don't have to keep going back to figure out what I just read. I read all genres in both fiction and non fiction. My goal is to read more books in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment